The RRVFSC holds four to five test sessions per year: usually in November, February, July, and August.
These test sessions are held to provide coaches and skaters with several opportunities to achieve their goals. All tests are conducted in accordance with USFS Test Rules. The USFS testing program provides the means for assessing a skater's proficiency in the four disciplines of skating-freeskate, dance, moves in the field, and pairs.
The RRVFSC is proud of our many skaters who have earned their gold medals in the various disciplines.
The RRVFSC schedules the following tests:
- Moves in the Field - Pre-Preliminary through Senior
- Freeskate -- Pre-Preliminary through Senior
- Pairs - Juvenile through Senior
- Dance - Preliminary through International
- Free Dance - Juvenile through Senior
Applicants will confer with their coach as to what tests they are ready to test. All aplications and applicable test fees will be made online. Any dance partner fees and partner coaching fees will be collected at the rink on test day. Partner fees are to be paid before stepping on the ice to warm up.
- Please fill out the testing application form and remit fees before due date.
- Non-club members must submit a "permission to test" form via email or mail to test chair.
- Please check and double check the posted schedule so you arrive on the right day at the right rink at the right time.
- Please arrive 45-60 minutes before your scheduled test. We continue testing if we get ahead of schedule.
- Please pay any dance partner and/or dance partner lesson fees before your test. Please contact test chair for fee amounts.
- Please return test papers to the test chair before you leave the rink.
- Thank those people who volunteered their time for you.
The Red River Valley FSC honors Club skaters for tests passed and school letters earned at our Spring Banquet. The RRVFSC also honors Club skaters for tests passed at the fall Annual Meeting. Skaters should plan to attend these meetings.