The Red River Valley Figure Skating Club is a member club of US Figure Skating and serves skaters from the Fargo, North Dakota and Moorhead, Minnesota area.
- Ice time
- Professional coaching staff
- 2014 Red River Valley Classic Skating competition. The 2014 announcement will be available in November, 2013. Join us February 7-9, 2014 for our 17th Annual Classic
- Skating classes for young children
- USFS test sessions
|Next Testing Session - June 7 & 8
|Registration for our June 7-8 test session is now open. We will be testing all levels of dance, free skate and Moves in the Field. Dance tests will go out on Friday morning, June 7th. Andrew Beck will be our dance partner. The deadline to register is Thursday, May 23rd. Non club members must send or bring a "permission to test" form with them. Non club members wishing dance lesson/s with Andrew need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for scheduling information. The test schedule will be posted on the website by/on Thursday, May 30th.
Click to see results of the February 2013 testing sessions.
Recent Event Results:
- 2013 Red River International Classic final results.
- Results from other events:
On August 7, 2010, Mark Schreiner was in an accident and sustained a severe head injury. As a result of his head trauma, he remains in a coma. The journey is likely going to be a long one for Mark and his family. The medical and other expenses associated with his treatment and future rehabilitation has and will continue to create a large financial burden for Mark and his wife, Shelly (Frisch).
We want to help alleviate that burden and allow them to focus on Mark's treatment and recovery. We are doing so by being a part of the events for Mark:
Skaters who skate recreationally and those who skate competitively are welcome to skate with the Red River Valley FSC. All a skater needs is a desire to learn and the love of skating. Advanced skaters are taught by professionals on a one-to-one basis and can set their own pace of learning and involvement.
Ice skating as a sport develops skills and abilities men and women need:
- Self discipline
- Self control
- Goal setting
- Poise and the ability to perform
- Time management
- Self motivation
- Ability to cooperate with others as well as work independently
- Ability to strive for and achieve excellence
- A habit of daily exercise
- Confidence and a feeling of competence
The Red River Valley FSC consistently produces USFS Gold Medalists and has produced regional, national and international competitors.
Please join us!
Click images to learn more about our coaches